Following the announcement of a new national lockdown The Rifles Museum has now closed! Please follow us on social media for stories from the history of The Rifles and their antecedents, news and updates about the Museum and more…
For updates on other museums in the Rifles Museums Network, please go to their website or contact them directly.
The Rifles Regiment is the largest Infantry Regiment in the British Army, and was formed in 2007 from four forming regiments each comprising its own antecedent regiments; this gives us an illustrious heritage which can be traced back to 1685. All of our forming and most of our antecedent Regiments have their own museums, all of which link together to form a family of museums known as The Rifles Museums Network, representing the proud history of today’s Rifles Regiment in its entirety. These museums are located around the country and can give the visitor a flavour of our Regimental history and also portray some of our present day achievements. Whether you manage to visit just one of our museums, or visit all of them, you will always be guaranteed a friendly welcome and a great day out!
Each museum has a link that takes you directly to their own website. In brackets besides the name is the details of which antecedent regiment of The Rifles the collection relates to.
- Cornwall’s Regimental Museum (Light Infantry and The Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry)
- Durham Light Infantry Collection (Durham Light Infantry)
- Herefordshire Light Infantry Museum (Herefordshire Light Infantry)
- The Regimental Gallery of the King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry (King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry)
- Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum (Royal Green Jackets and its predecessors)
- Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum (The Gloucestershire Regiment and Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment Light Infantry)
- Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum (Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry)
- Somerset Military Museum (Somerset Light Infantry)
- The Keep Military Museum (Devonshire and Dorset Regiment)
- The Shropshire Military Museum (King’s Shropshire Light Infantry)
- The Rifles (Berkshire and Wiltshire) Museum (Royal Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment and Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment)